Achieve a Brilliant Smile with Professional Teeth Whitening
Coffee, red wine, berries, and life in general can quickly stain your teeth. You might have tried various over the counter whitening products to get rid of the discoloration, but to little or no avail. Fortunately, a better solution is available — professional teeth whitening in Klamath Falls. It safely delivers stunning results in a short period of time, giving you the gleaming grin you’ve always dreamed of.
We use the Opalescence whitening system to serve our patients who want to achieve a brighter smile as quickly as possible. Opalescence bleaching gel is chemically activated, which means that no special light is necessary to make it work. In addition to a strong whitening agent, the gel also contains a mixture of potassium nitrate and fluoride, which helps to reduce sensitivity and strengthen your pearly whites.
You should undergo a thorough teeth cleaning prior to your whitening session in order to ensure the best possible results. Once your chompers are clean, we can start on the Opalescence procedure, which takes about an hour. It’s a fairly simple process that goes something like this:
- We cover your lips and gums so the bleaching gel won’t irritate them.
- We apply the Opalescence gel to your teeth and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. We stir the gel every five minutes or so to maximize its effects.
- Using suction, we remove the gel. Then, we rinse off your teeth.
- We can reapply the gel several more times until your teeth reach the desired shade.
Some patients prefer to whiten their teeth in the comfort of their own home, which is why your cosmetic dentist in Klamath Falls offers convenient take-home whitening kits. We provide you with a professional-strength bleaching gel and custom teeth-whitening trays. You apply the gel to your teeth for about 30 minutes a day for two weeks.
Take-home whitening kits provide the same dramatic results as in-office whitening, and it’s ideal for people who aren’t in a hurry to achieve a brilliant smile. It’s also good for individuals who may find it uncomfortable to sit through a whitening session in our office.
Maintaining Your Results
You’re going to love your new smile! With proper care, the results from your procedure should last for a few years. To protect your teeth from new stains, we suggest that you:
- Use a whitening toothpaste twice a day. Even the mild bleaching agent in OTC products should help to prevent a degree of staining.
- Enjoy staining foods and beverages in moderation. Drink coffee and red wine through a straw in order to minimize their contact with your teeth.
- Don’t smoke or use other tobacco products.
- Use your at-home whitening kit to perform touch-ups when necessary.
- Visit your dentist in Klamath Falls for regular checkups and personalized advice on how to keep your smile looking amazing.
Would you like to say goodbye to your yellow teeth and hello to a brilliant smile that’s whiter than white? Please contact us to schedule your cosmetic dentistry consultation.